Marysville Strawberry Festival Royal Court
If you are ready to have a year full of fun, meet new friends, create memories, and develop speaking skills then this is for you.
Thank you for your interest in the April Friesner Memorial Royalty Scholarship Program! After receipt of your application, the Strawberry Festival Board will verify the required qualifications, and you will then be notified of your status as a candidate. There will be no pageant; instead the Royalty will be chosen based wholly upon their ability to write and present a speech to various community groups. After the community group has voted, the results will be tallied by an independent party, and the winners will be announced at the crowning ceremony.
We invite you to develop your leadership and public speaking skills, work with a variety of people, and to travel throughout Washington state, Oregon, and Canada (pending restrictions) representing the Marysville community.
As a member of the Royalty court, you will be the official host of the Strawberry Festival, which is held in June. The court will travel to several other community festivals representing Marysville during a one-year reign. Each Royalty Court Ambassador receives Scholarship monies from the April Friesner Memorial Royalty Scholarship (Queen/King $5,000; Prince/sses $4,500), as well as a crown, sash and clothing gift package. A Bob Klepper Congeniality Award for $500 is also awarded. If you are willing to commit your time and energy to representing our community, the rewards and opportunities will be endless!
Please email or have postmarked your completed and signed application packet by Dec. 31, 2023.
P.O. Box 855
Marysville, WA, 98270
For more information, please contact the Maryfest office at (360) 659-7664.
The Marysville and Lakewood school districts have neither reviewed nor approved the program, personnel, activities, or organizations announced in this program, and undertake no responsibility to supervise these events. Permission to distribute the program should not be considered a recommendation or endorsement of the program by the districts. In consideration of the privilege to distribute these materials, the Marysville and Lakewood school districts shall be held harmless from any cause of action or claim arising out of the events or activities advertised in these materials, including all costs, attorney fees, and judgments or awards.
Current Scholarship Payout
2024 Qualifications/ Requirements
- Applicants must be homeschool or attend or live within the Marysville / Lakewood School District boundaries
- Applicants MUST have a family member/Legal Guardian (over 21) able to attend parades if requested
- Applicants must currently be a high school Junior or Senior
- Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of at least a 3.0
- Applicants must have a cumulative attendance record of 90%
- Applicants must be of good moral character, cannot be married, cannot have children or be pregnant during their reign
- Applicants cannot cohabitate with an intimate partner during their reign
- Applicants will at no time drink alcoholic beverages, smoke, or vape in public or knowingly participate in any illegal activity or detrimental behavior breaking this rule will result in immediate dismissal
- The Official Marysville Strawberry Festival Royalty Court will consist of 4 members.
- Once the Royalty's reign is completed, they are no longer eligible to apply for the Royalty Court in the future
- Any scholarship monies will be awarded after the completion of the one-year reign. Monies are for books and tuition only, and must be used within 3 years of high school graduation. Scholarship monies will be sent directly to the chosen college/university